Blush Novelties - Sales Manager
Our growing company is seeking to hire a Sales Manager to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. You will be responsible for supervising and organizing our sales team. You will be in charge of managing organizational sales by developing business plans, meeting planned goals, and coordinating with our marketing department. You will also be tasked with overseeing the activities and performance of your sales team by motivating, coaching, tracking sales goals, setting individual sales targets, and facilitate the ongoing training of your salespeople.
- Achieving growth and hitting sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands company’s customer base
- Managing goal setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and manage the sales program accordingly
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Attend trade shows and provide on-the-ground sales team support as needed
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being aware of new products and competition status
- Projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Prepares and submits accurate and timely sales reports.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and cultivate long-term customer relationships.
- Ensure targets are delivered through people management, performance review, reward and individual recognition
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Able to conceptualize and implement sales plans and programs
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Understand our ideal customers and how they relate to our products.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Committed to continuous personal growth
- Proficiency with Netsuite, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- BS/MS degree in business administration or a related field
What we look for in interviewees:
- Communication skills: they listen first and speak second. They don’t chastise in public or private. They are aware of the message they transmit to their team, how it’s delivered, and how it’s perceived.
- Integrity and trust: they never ask their reps to do something immoral, illegal, or something that goes against a company’s core values.
- Ability to build relationships with peers, cross-functional counterparts, and upper management: They are committed to helping others be successful.
- Empathy and ability to understand customer viewpoint and customer service
- Ability to unite a team under a shared vision and know what motivates each member.
- Analytical skills: They use data-driven reports to spur sales coaching sessions and empower reps to take ownership of their opportunity pipelines. They understand pricing, margins, and discounting impacts.
- The ability to prioritize and effectively manage time
- High achieving, ambitious, and results-oriented
- Innovative, generating original solutions and lots of ideas
- Decisive and comfortable making decisions quickly
- Successful experience building a territory from little or nothing
Day-to-day activities of a sales manager:
- Managing people.
- Set targets, performance plans, and rigorous, objective standards for sales representatives.
- Meet with reps one-on-one weekly to review performance, progress, and targets. [Weekly]
- Deliver deep performance reviews for each individual rep once or twice per year. [Semiannually or annually]
- Coach individual sales representatives one-on-one through phone work and prospecting help sessions to help them improve sales performance. [Weekly]
- Participate in spontaneous sales call rides and planned field days. [Semimonthly or monthly]
- Counsel, support, discipline, and fire underperforming sales representatives.
- Develop a scalable sales process and ensure representatives adhere to it correctly.
- Ensure that reps use sales technologies, such as a CRM, correctly.
- Plan and implement training programs. Hold regular skills training sessions with internal or external sales trainers. [Monthly]
- Plan and preside over weekly sales team meetings. [Weekly]
- Recruit, select, onboard, and train new sales reps.
- Motivate and engage the sales team with monetary and non-monetary (intrinsic) motivational tactics, such as sales contests, lucrative incentive packages, prizes, and public recognition.
- Unite the team: Ensure reps work as a positive unit and share their best practices.
- Set a good example for the team. Work according to company culture and values, prioritize ruthlessly, use good communication, and deliver results effectively.
- Managing customer needs.
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and monitor their preferences.
- Resolve escalated customer issues and customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Provide expertise when setting and adjusting pricing plans and discount rates.
- Connect company headquarters with customers and salespeople in the field.
- Determine and assign sales quotas, targets, and/or goals. Project and forecast annual and quarterly revenue and for one or more sales territories.
- Develop sales strategies to acquire new customers or clients.
- Track sales team metrics and share them with company leadership.
- Analyze sales data on sales results and develop plans to address performance gaps.
- Collaborate with marketing executives to develop lead generation plans.
- Prepare budgets and approve expenditures.
- Monitor competition, economic indicators, and industry trends.
- Advance one’s own professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and other educational trainings, participating in professional societies and industry networks, and reading professional and industry publications.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com