Careers in Sex Tech
This page is for women and femme-identifying individuals looking to break into the field of sex tech. Below is a list of job openings at female founded Women of Sex Tech companies and organizations.
Desire Technologies - Country Manager for France
Who we are:
Desire Technologies, Ltd is a young UK startup based in Spain. We at Desire Technologies believe that the adult entertainment needs to change to better fit our society. We see romance and intimacy in a new way: smart, fun, with gender equality and fueled by true love. We are looking at setting up France Operations.
The role includes the following tasks:
•The Country manager for France will be responsible for the overall management of the territory, content editor, public relations and acquisition of new B2B accounts.
• Content editor. Including: translation of the content to French, managing relationships with French users, reviewing French content.
• Doing public relations in France.
• Target the top 100 eCommerce in France. Managing status reporting and analytical procedures to provide management with a comprehensive perspective on the effectiveness of account development via the use of our online software.
• Working with the management team on developing all business opportunities that are strategic.
Ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Strong written and verbal communications, outstanding organizational skills.
• Strict attention to detail and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
• You have a ‘make it happen’ attitude.
• Education : Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing
• Knowledge of sales, marketing technology, mobile, media, advertising models.
• Motivated self-starter with strong teamwork skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a small start-up environment.
What we offer:
• Part time paid internship 4h/day.
• Being part of a young startup that is growing.
• Fix + Variable salary.
Location: Vilassar de Mar (25 min from Barcelona with Renfe)
If you are based in France, the work can be remote!!
Pureeros - Junior-Mid Web Digital Designer
Who we are:
Pureeros is “The Net-a-Porter” of Female Pleasure: a luxury ecom and an online magazine dedicated to women and female empowerment. We are an international start-up company backed by high calibrate professionals/investors (one of them also Forbes Listed) and even if at early stage we have already reached some great milestones (presence in 2 countries, have an extraordinary talented team, international press exposure – VanityFair, F, MarieClaire, Glamour).
Who we are looking for:
We are currently looking for an open-minded, proactive and talented Web Designer who will bring the design of our e-commerce, online magazine and all the visual contents to the next level.
Open-minded: Visual contents are the first impression you have of a brand or product. Our brand and company mission is to make female sexuality socially acceptable. Your design works will have to represent that mission. You will be the person translating our values into breath-taking design/visuals and who does that in an elegant, creative and disruptive way.
Talented: Our ideal candidate has the ability to capture the real world beauty and convert it into online amazing experience. Must have a natural interest for everything that is luxury and elegant and being able to translate that into ecom UX/UI, branding and content creation.
Proactive: The Designer will work into the Mktg Team and along with the founders, IT department and advisory board, taking part to our regular team meetings where you’ll be given guidelines but it’s your duty to come back with ideas and work. This is a role where you can really express yourself and not just “doing the job”.
- Relevant studies within the design field
- Minimum 2-3 solid years of working experience with exposure on e-commerce design and responsive design
- UX/UI knowledge and practical experience
- Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision and other popular tools
- Creativity, Proactivity, Ability to work in Agile and in remote and without supervision
- Well organized and able to meet deadline
- Ability to work within an international team
- English Fluent
- Open Mind. It might sound obvious but not for everybody
- Brilliant attention to the details
- Create and artwork visual designs that effectively communicate our brand identity, including the design and production of screen layouts, color palettes, interface elements, iconography, logo and CI, typography, style guides, etc.
- Design of promotional digital material, which can include also photo retouching, info-graphics, gifs, creative drawings etc.
- Design of on-site landing pages and campaign web-pages
- Produce clear and compelling web-page layouts, then working with the development team to ensure the final product matches the design
- Actively look at visual website improvements so that PUEEROS and THE PURE MAG remains a pioneer in the luxury retail industry
- Participate to an interdisciplinary team that includes creative leads, brand management, marketing and project management
- Part-time (20 hours per week / Monday to Friday) with high potentials to turn into fulltime. You will organize your own work over the week to meet deadlines
- Salary: £1000 per month
- Working in remote. We have weekly team meetings via Skype and from time to time we’ll run workshop meeting in person in Italy (Venice area) or in London
How to Apply:
- Please send us your CV and/or portfolio or online profile at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Subject: Digital Designer
- We aim to respond within 48h
- Do not send cover letters, just a small intro about yourself in the email is fine
- If you send a CV, please do not send a sad and very ugly business design format. First impression counts, show us you are a first class designer since the very beginning
B-wom - Assistant to Cofounder and Head of US/Business Development
- Are you passionate about women's intimate and sexual health?
- Do you want to learn how technology can improve healthcare?
- Want to work at the Center for Social Innovation in Chelsea, Manhattan?
- Want to learn how it is to run the International expansion of an European company into the US and LatAm markets?
If you said “Yes” to all of the above, keep reading: B-wom is the place for you ;-)
Women experience many changes in their bodies throughout from puberty, through pregnancy, to menopause. Intimate and sexual health are still surrounded by taboos and stigma, and women suffer these issues in silence. We barely get any education or resources for prevention. This is a big problem that affects millions of women worldwide, and we can change it with technology. B-wom is a digital coach that offers women personalized care plans with pelvic floor and core exercises, daily habits and recommendations, educational contents, tests and a tracking tool.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone to be the right hand of our Cofounder and Head of the US The person joining will need the following skills:
- Bachelor or MBA on Business Administration and/or Marketing
- trustworthy and committed
- strong communication skills
- English speaker; ideally Spanish as second language
- eager to learn and lead different tasks, autonomous
- Powerpoint, wordpress and design skills are a must
- Right hand of the Cofounder of B-wom - US: Calendar management, meeting arrangement and preparation, travel arrangements.
- Handling B2C initiatives with partners: sharing proposal, collecting materials, coordinating with Product team
- Lead generation: B2B sales funnel creation (Fortune 500, tech companies, Pharma companies)
- Email marketing campaign preparation, launch, follow up.
- CRM management
- The person joining will take on or collaborate in:
- B2B2C partners follow-up
- Partner, client and conference presentations
- Screening of opportunities
- Application processes for grants, programs, conferences
- Attending women’s health, health benefits and sextech events representing B-wom and raising awareness about women’s health
- Onboarding specialists (Pelvic Floor Physical Therapists, OBGYNs, Nutritionists, etc.) into the Ambassador platform and coordinating their content creation and B-wom promotions
- Social Media support
The position is not paid now, however, we can offer a stipend and we are looking for someone who will become a full-time member of the team after the internship in our NYC offices. If you are interested, please email email@example.com Send your LinkedIn Profile, CV/Resume and any portfolio or other social media you want us to check!
Future of Sex - Writer
We are looking for talented writers and bloggers who can write in an engaging manner about the intersection of technology and sexuality.
Scope: Initially writing regular blog posts that could expand into an expanded part-time role as site editor.
Role: Regular blog posting on Future of Sex online magazine. We would prefer candidates who can usually quite promptly respond to relevant news. Ideally we would like someone who, after an initial period of writing, is able to move into the role of site editor. This will involve identifying story ideas, ensuring editorial standards, and running the social media associated with the site.
Capabilities: Candidates must be outstanding writers, experienced with blogging style and protocols. We are particularly interested in those who have solid experience as an editor and/or with social media including Twitter and Facebook pages.
Pay: Writers will be paid by the article (see details on writer payments), plus a bonus depending on article views. Editors will be paid an hourly rate. We’re happy to discuss pay structures with exceptional people.