Careers in Sex Tech
This page is for women and femme-identifying individuals looking to break into the field of sex tech. Below is a list of job openings at female founded Women of Sex Tech companies and organizations.
Make Love Not Porn - UX/Visual Designer
We’re looking for an experienced visual & user experience designer to help us build the next version of MakeLoveNotPorn.tv! This is a contract position, and candidates must be NYC-based (or nearby).
- MLNP is socializing and normalizing sex to open up open honest healthy dialogue, and to promote good sexual values and good sexual behavior. We call ourselves the Social Sex Revolution (the revolutionary part is not the sex but the social), and we're looking for a UX designer who can revolutionize alongside us.
- We're building a web UX around trust, safety, ease of use, social shareability and fun
- We have an engaging and distinct visual brand
MakeLoveNotPorn.tv is the world's first social sex video-sharing platform, celebrating #realworldsex as a counterpoint to porn – to promote and instill good sexual values and good sexual behavior.
We're pro-sex, pro-porn, pro-knowing the difference.
Our tiny team has 5 years experience building and managing a respectful, kind, and engaged community. As our UX designer, part of your job will be to bring this wealth of experience to life on the site, so that anyone landing on our site for the first time understands why what we're doing is so different and impactful.
Our user experience has a particular focus on trust, transparency, and control over one's data. This is a sensitive and intimate part of people’s lives that they’re sharing with us, and we treat that with the respect it deserves.
Our brand is warm and friendly, and has a strong personality. We are social sex, and so everything on our site bar the actual videos and click-through stills is safe for work. We plan to encourage the social sharing of #realworldsex in a way that has never been done before, and making MLNP safe for sharing and fun to share is crucial. We are gender-equal - designed to appeal to women, men and everything in between equally. We're a global platform, so things should be intuitive no matter what language you speak.
MLNP is not just videos you watch: we are a community, an engagement vehicle (couples watch our videos together), and a communications platform to help make it easier to talk about sex, so our focus is on building a sense of community, making everything easy to share, and being authentic. At the same time, our videos are our core, and so we ensure a clean and streamlined easy-to-view experience.
Most of your work will be on our web platform – so it's important you have a feel for the web. How do people expect the back button to work? Where is animation helpful, and where is it distracting? What kind of errors do we need to tell the user about, and how can we make them clear & actionable? Understanding of the texture of html & css would be a big plus - do you know how block, flexbox, and grid layout modes work?
We have at least one mobile app planned as well, so mobile design experience is a plus.
Please use the word "pineapple" anywhere in your application to show you've read this brief through.
You can get a sense of how we are redesigning the future of sex and sextech by watching our founder & CEO Cindy Gallop's talk for UXWeek San Francisco 2016 on 'Redesigning The Future Of Sex Through Sextech': https://vimeo.com/178863081
If you're interested in fixing our society's broken dialogue around sex by celebrating real people's real world sex, please reach out.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with an example of your work, and a note about why you're interested in the position and why you'd be a good fit.
Make Love Not Porn - Head of Business Operations
Reporting to Founder/CEO Cindy Gallop, the head of bizops will oversee all operations, finance, revenue and overall business strategy for a startup looking to scale substantially and rapidly. This is a key role; this individual will work closely with Cindy to execute the company’s vision, manage all financials and metrics, establish and oversee efficiency-maximizing systems and processes to scale MLNP, and help set and foster the company's culture, as a member of the core MLNP team together with Cindy, CTO Aaron Sikes, MadamCurator Sarah Beall, and Assistant Curator Ariel Martinez. We’re a startup with very big ambitions, but we’re a startup, so looking for an energetic self-starter happy to get down in the trenches, get their hands dirty, and get their own coffee.
- Oversee and manage all company operations (including technical and business operations, HR, sales/subscriptions and legal) to meet growth, budget and other strategic and financial goals.
- Collaborate with the CEO to establish a strategic plan, mobilize resources to execute and constantly monitor performance and accountability across all fronts.
- Oversee all finance functions, including budgeting / forecasting, budget reconciliation, and all accounting functions.
- Plan and oversee all HR functions as the company grows
- Oversee legal activities: contracts, partnership agreements, leases, and other legal documents.
- Liaise with investors, future board members and other key stakeholders.
Required Experience And Qualifications:
- Experience in an operational role, preferably in tech and at a startup (working tech knowledge is essential). Experience working with digital content and/or subscription models would be a plus.
- Must have experience with + a ferociously-detailed and obsessive focus on financial management, budgeting and cost control, be a whiz with Excel, and have experience of managing relationships with accounting teams.
- Experience in people management, overseeing/working with diverse-discipline teams, and helping to build and scale high-functioning teams to meet the demands of a fast-growth business.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, ability to work through issues using creativity and data, and to anticipate issues and develop, analyze and propose solutions.
- Must have excellent written, interpersonal, presentation, public speaking and general communication skills.
- Must be passionate about MLNP’s mission of socializing sex and about working for a sex tech startup.
Candidates must be New York-based.
Desire Technologies - Country Manager for France
Who we are:
Desire Technologies, Ltd is a young UK startup based in Spain. We at Desire Technologies believe that the adult entertainment needs to change to better fit our society. We see romance and intimacy in a new way: smart, fun, with gender equality and fueled by true love. We are looking at setting up France Operations.
The role includes the following tasks:
•The Country manager for France will be responsible for the overall management of the territory, content editor, public relations and acquisition of new B2B accounts.
• Content editor. Including: translation of the content to French, managing relationships with French users, reviewing French content.
• Doing public relations in France.
• Target the top 100 eCommerce in France. Managing status reporting and analytical procedures to provide management with a comprehensive perspective on the effectiveness of account development via the use of our online software.
• Working with the management team on developing all business opportunities that are strategic.
Ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Strong written and verbal communications, outstanding organizational skills.
• Strict attention to detail and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
• You have a ‘make it happen’ attitude.
• Education : Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing
• Knowledge of sales, marketing technology, mobile, media, advertising models.
• Motivated self-starter with strong teamwork skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a small start-up environment.
What we offer:
• Part time paid internship 4h/day.
• Being part of a young startup that is growing.
• Fix + Variable salary.
Location: Vilassar de Mar (25 min from Barcelona with Renfe)
If you are based in France, the work can be remote!!
Pureeros - Junior-Mid Web Digital Designer
Who we are:
Pureeros is “The Net-a-Porter” of Female Pleasure: a luxury ecom and an online magazine dedicated to women and female empowerment. We are an international start-up company backed by high calibrate professionals/investors (one of them also Forbes Listed) and even if at early stage we have already reached some great milestones (presence in 2 countries, have an extraordinary talented team, international press exposure – VanityFair, F, MarieClaire, Glamour).
Who we are looking for:
We are currently looking for an open-minded, proactive and talented Web Designer who will bring the design of our e-commerce, online magazine and all the visual contents to the next level.
Open-minded: Visual contents are the first impression you have of a brand or product. Our brand and company mission is to make female sexuality socially acceptable. Your design works will have to represent that mission. You will be the person translating our values into breath-taking design/visuals and who does that in an elegant, creative and disruptive way.
Talented: Our ideal candidate has the ability to capture the real world beauty and convert it into online amazing experience. Must have a natural interest for everything that is luxury and elegant and being able to translate that into ecom UX/UI, branding and content creation.
Proactive: The Designer will work into the Mktg Team and along with the founders, IT department and advisory board, taking part to our regular team meetings where you’ll be given guidelines but it’s your duty to come back with ideas and work. This is a role where you can really express yourself and not just “doing the job”.
- Relevant studies within the design field
- Minimum 2-3 solid years of working experience with exposure on e-commerce design and responsive design
- UX/UI knowledge and practical experience
- Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision and other popular tools
- Creativity, Proactivity, Ability to work in Agile and in remote and without supervision
- Well organized and able to meet deadline
- Ability to work within an international team
- English Fluent
- Open Mind. It might sound obvious but not for everybody
- Brilliant attention to the details
- Create and artwork visual designs that effectively communicate our brand identity, including the design and production of screen layouts, color palettes, interface elements, iconography, logo and CI, typography, style guides, etc.
- Design of promotional digital material, which can include also photo retouching, info-graphics, gifs, creative drawings etc.
- Design of on-site landing pages and campaign web-pages
- Produce clear and compelling web-page layouts, then working with the development team to ensure the final product matches the design
- Actively look at visual website improvements so that PUEEROS and THE PURE MAG remains a pioneer in the luxury retail industry
- Participate to an interdisciplinary team that includes creative leads, brand management, marketing and project management
- Part-time (20 hours per week / Monday to Friday) with high potentials to turn into fulltime. You will organize your own work over the week to meet deadlines
- Salary: £1000 per month
- Working in remote. We have weekly team meetings via Skype and from time to time we’ll run workshop meeting in person in Italy (Venice area) or in London
How to Apply:
- Please send us your CV and/or portfolio or online profile at email@example.com
- Email Subject: Digital Designer
- We aim to respond within 48h
- Do not send cover letters, just a small intro about yourself in the email is fine
- If you send a CV, please do not send a sad and very ugly business design format. First impression counts, show us you are a first class designer since the very beginning
Unbound - Summer 2018 Internships
Unbound is seeking to fill three summer internship positions. Must be NYC-based.
- Content Intern: Supporting the growth of Unbound Magazine both in helping our editorial team manage writers and content across our website and social media.
- Customer Experience Intern: Working with our CX team to support customers in their questions, including product recommendations and operations fulfillment.
- Marketing & Growth Intern: Contribute to growth efforts by assisting with events and supporting the executive team.
What's In Your Box? - Community Engagement Intern
What’s In Your Box?, the monthly subscription service for female sexual health, empowerment, and of course, pleasure, is seeking a Community Engagement Intern to help take our mission to the next level!
Who we are: What's In Your Box? is a monthly subscription backed by a social movement empowering women with vaginas. Since our launch in December 2016, we've built our subscriber base to 1,300+ across the U.S.—a number that we’re proud to say is growing by the day. Subscribers receive a uniquely curated experience each month complete with an assortment of products, toys and tips for a safe & satisfying sex life. Beyond providing these monthly deliveries, WIYB normalizes the conversation around female sexuality by encouraging women to feel shameless in their journey of self love, exploration and discovery. Our blog, Sex, Feels & Feminism, is an additional resource for women who want to learn more about their bodies, as well as a candid theater for sharing stories to lift the shame for others going through similar experiences.
We are a small but mighty team based in NYC driven by passion and determination! We work with tons of #BoxApproved brands curating products for sexual health, self care, female empowerment, hygiene and pleasure. We also work with various artists to design custom swag items exclusively for the box, as well as social media marketing campaigns (i.e. Vulva Health Awareness Month and Condom Week). WIYB has a distinct brand identity that has garnered praise from major publications early on. We've received press in Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Buzzfeed, PopSugar, InStyle, Brides, Huffington Post, Elite Daily and more. Our #BoxBabes College Campus Rep Program, which we launched Fall 2017, has brought in brand ambassadors who are leaders in their class at five different universities. Our Founder, Christine Long, is a member of Women of Sex Tech, an inclusive network of sex-positive women changing the sex tech industry. She has been a guest speaker at various events and on podcasts, touching on topics ranging from sex education to female entrepreneurship.
The Community Engagement Intern will be an integral part of our continued growth in 2018. It has 100% potential to turn into a full time position later in the year. We’re offering this position a monthly stipend, college credit (if applicable) and of course, a free WIYB subscription.
- Handle incoming inquiries from subscribers and potential subscribers via e-mail
- Assist customers with their needs in a friendly and professional manner
- Take charge of the WIYB Facebook account in a way that turns our page into a community-focused platform for discussions around consent and sexuality
- In the WIYB brand voice (humorous, informative, relatable) write creative captions for Facebook, posting 3-4 times weekly
- Support our Social Media Manager by providing ideas on sex-positive educators, bloggers, influencers and podcasts to connect and collaborate with
- Act as a brand ambassador by spreading the word about what we do via your social media and in real life
- This role will require you to hustle and grind for approximately 10 hours a week
- A creative, motivated and confident babe who is passionate about women’s sexual health
- A quick learner who works well independently
- Is comfortable saying the words "vagina" and "feminist"
- Believes empowered women empower women
- Has a sense of humor
- Has a healthy lifestyle
- Proactive, not reactive
- Has a strong resume (i.e. does that basics well - no typos, most recent experience at the top, one page long, readability, etc.)
- Ideally a college student, as we’re looking for an intern who wants to gain experience working for a mission-driven start up
- Preferably NYC based, but we’ll make an exception for a rock star babe
Future of Sex - Writer
We are looking for talented writers and bloggers who can write in an engaging manner about the intersection of technology and sexuality.
Scope: Initially writing regular blog posts that could expand into an expanded part-time role as site editor.
Role: Regular blog posting on Future of Sex online magazine. We would prefer candidates who can usually quite promptly respond to relevant news. Ideally we would like someone who, after an initial period of writing, is able to move into the role of site editor. This will involve identifying story ideas, ensuring editorial standards, and running the social media associated with the site.
Capabilities: Candidates must be outstanding writers, experienced with blogging style and protocols. We are particularly interested in those who have solid experience as an editor and/or with social media including Twitter and Facebook pages.
Pay: Writers will be paid by the article (see details on writer payments), plus a bonus depending on article views. Editors will be paid an hourly rate. We’re happy to discuss pay structures with exceptional people.