Dipsea - Software Engineer
Dipsea is a startup building an app for audio stories designed to turn women on. It was founded on the insight that female arousal is more a question of brain than body. Dipsea’s short-form, immersive soundscapes create the context to help shift women’s mental states, set the mood, and inspire their imaginations.
Dipsea was founded on the belief that a woman’s desire and pleasure are more a question of brain than body, and of inspiration than know-how. Newly emerging players are focused on building better product hardware and accessories and creating more positive, practical education—which is awesome. But no one is innovating around other important aspects of female arousal: mental state, imagination, and fantasy. Until Dipsea. We’re designing content specifically for the female brain.
Ultimately, we believe “turning women on” is bigger than arousal: it means inspiring her to feel more in touch with herself, more relaxed, confident, even more connected to partners. It means empowering her to tap into and use her sexual power more readily and accessibly.
We’re hiring a software engineer to build a beautiful, scalable mobile experience that helps Dipsea’s users tap into that power. Join us on the journey from seed to launch and beyond!
Your responsibilities :
- Collaborate with a small and passionate team to build our product and company from the ground up
- Build + launch Dipsea’s React-Native app, where users can discover, consume and save our audio stories
We’re looking for an engineer who:
- Is excited about contributing across the stack. While focused on our mobile experience, we’re looking to welcome someone who’s happy working on a small, collaborative team, and is comfortable working in all parts of the app.
- Has experience in React , or a similar front end framework. Experience in iOS a plus
- Loves contributing to all phases of the product life cycle . We want engineers who see themselves as an integral part of a larger process, and wants to shape our product all the way from initial conception through final implementation
- Delights in the details. Our brand and design elevate our content. We want engineers who appreciate the little things that spark inspiration and set the mood for our users.
- Loves our listeners. We are on a mission to help women tap into their inner power. We hope you are too.
- Is very comfortable talking about all aspects of sex, women’s health, and related topics
- The opportunity to have a huge, impact on a pre-launch company
- Casual, inclusive, supportive work environment with high standards and a passionate team
- Non-hierarchical structure where all thoughtful opinions and ideas are valued
- Competitive salary
No formal cover letters, please! Instead, email firstname.lastname@example.org a few sentences explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position and what excites you about Dipsea. Please include links to previous products or codebases you’ve worked on, along with a resume.