Skirt Club - Event Manager
Location: London, UK
Role type: Contractor
Date: June 2018
WHAT IS SKIRT CLUB?
Skirt Club is for ladies only. It hosts a private members network for the curious kind; both intellectually and sexually. We exist to embolden women at a time when sexual fluidity is embraced. Society is turning a page in modern girl thinking of what “sexual attraction” can mean. Skirt Club encourages that freedom of expression, meaning members can explore safely within their comfort zone and be true to their own desires. Designed by women, for women, Skirt Club basks in glamour; free-flowing champagne, exclusive burlesque performances, Shibari demonstrations, and… much more. All our guests share a desire to learn what it means to be a woman from the inside-out. Knowing yourself and what moves you requires honesty and self-exploration; Skirt Club allows women to express themselves while managing risk – in essence, you are in control of your own destiny. Originally from London, Skirt Club launched in New York in Feb 2016. Due to our success, we are growing our team and seeking an Event Director to lead our events and the growth of our NYC community.
EVENT MANAGER DELIVERABLES
Due to our success, we are growing our team and seeking an Event Manager to lead our London events. The Event Manager will be in charge of the following aspects of the event:
- Organise and run our events from conception through to completion and agrees to coordinate efforts with London Event Directors and external parties to achieve required outputs and meet responsibilities.
- Provide outstanding customer service and organise memorable events in line with the Skirt Club brand.
Performance Expectations and Requirements:
Shall faithfully perform all duties to the best of their abilities and talents, and to adhere to the highest quality of work, including but not limited to:
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Managing multiple projects independently
- Using appropriate software such as MS Word, Excel and Google Drive
- An understanding of, and alignment with the Skirt Club brand
- Source venues and lead all communication with vendors
- Source and liaise with performer, speaker and venue to align with agreed theme
- Oversee budget (forecast profits, reconcile finances, process invoices and expenses)
- Purchase food, drink, consumables, decorations, costumes etc.
- Organise and liaise with bar staff and hostesses
- Set-up, run, close and clean-up events
- Manage inventory
- Event focused marketing including the update of personal Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. You are welcome to work using a pseudonym
NUMBER OF EVENTS PER ANNUM
- 8 x Signature parties - Skirt Club is the signature play party, held at a private home with champagne, burlesque performances, naughty games and wherever the night may take us. Held on Saturday nights 9pm – 3am.
- 4 x Mini Skirt events - Mini Skirt nights are held in public spaces such as a cocktail bar and are designed to be a taster to the main event. Meet fellow Skirt Club members over martinis and be dazzled by sultry performances. Held Thursdays 7pm – 11pm.
CONTRACTUAL ARRANGEMENT - The Skirt Club manager will be an independent consultant, not a paid member of staff so must hold adequate insurance and licenses.
PRIVACY - It is possible to work under a pseudonym of your choice. We will set the Event Manager up with an email address / Facebook account matching the chosen name
FEE - A flat rate of £150 for each Mini Skirt event and £300 for each signature party.
KEEN TO APPLY? Please submit your CV and a short cover letter about why you think you would be a fantastic addition to our team to Genevieve LeJeune below.