Skirt Club - NYC Director
Location: New York, USA
Role type: Contractor
Date: June 2018
WHAT IS SKIRT CLUB?
Skirt Club is for ladies only. It hosts a private members network for the curious kind; both intellectually and sexually. We exist to embolden women at a time when sexual fluidity is embraced. Society is turning a page in modern girl thinking of what “sexual attraction” can mean. Skirt Club encourages that freedom of expression, meaning members can explore safely within their comfort zone and be true to their own desires. Designed by women, for women, Skirt Club basks in glamour; free-flowing champagne, exclusive burlesque performances, Shibari demonstrations, and… much more. All our guests share a desire to learn what it means to be a woman from the inside-out. Knowing yourself and what moves you requires honesty and self-exploration; Skirt Club allows women to express themselves while managing risk – in essence, you are in control of your own destiny. Originally from London, Skirt Club launched in New York in Feb 2016. Due to our success, we are growing our team and seeking an Event Director to lead our events and the growth of our NYC community.
- Create memorable events in line with the Skirt Club brand. Oversee an event manager to organise and run our events from conception through to completion.
- Provide outstanding customer service and grow our community of members by engaging and immersing in NY female empowered talks, events and nightlife.
Performance Expectations and Requirements:
Shall faithfully perform all duties to the best of their abilities and talents, and to adhere to the highest quality of work, including but not limited to:
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Managing multiple projects independently
- Using appropriate software
- An understanding of, and alignment with the Skirt Club brand
The NYC Director will be in charge of the following activities:
NYC Director Responsibilities
Project Manager for all events in New York:
- Manage and oversee local event managers
- Ticket Sales - tracking and monitoring
- Event Marketing on social media (FB,IG & Twitter)
- Event e-invite creation via Mailchimp
- Implementation of event themes
- Website updates for events
- Event profitability monitoring
- Accounting and reporting for events
- Financial projections and actuals
- Oversee budget (forecast profits, reconcile finances, process invoices and expenses)
- Event kit storage
- Source venues and lead all communication with vendors
- Event calendar dates
- Community growth and management
- Validate door list for all events.
- Continuous improvement and review of events.
Event Manager for New York events:
- Manage & produce the event
- Event focused marketing including the update of personal Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. You are welcome to work using a pseudonym
- Set-up, run, close and clean-up events
- Budgeting - event accounts
- Sourcing of alcohol and decorations
- Hostess team management - organize and liaise with bar staff and hostesses
- Source and liaise with performer, speaker and venue to align with agreed theme
- Manage inventory
- Manage all member and attendee correspondence event specific
On-going activities: - Press, blogger & socialite relationships
1. Events: • Maintain profitable events like Skirt Club Dance, Signature and Mini Skirt. • Evaluate the need for new and different events.
2. Community : • We maintain and grow members in the following ways: website, FB, Tinder, Instagram, Twitter and our newsletter. We require you to find new and innovative ways at a local level to engage the community. • Maintain a dialogue with industry peers and keep Skirt Club top of mind.
NUMBER OF EVENTS PER ANNUM • 6 x Signature parties - Skirt Club is the signature play party, held at a private home with champagne, burlesque performances, naughty games and wherever the night may take us. Held on Saturday nights 8pm – 2am. • 4 x Mini Skirt events - Mini Skirt nights are held in public spaces such as a cocktail bar and are designed to be a taster to the main event. Meet fellow Skirt Club members over martinis and be dazzled by sultry performances. Held Thursdays 7pm – 11pm.
CONTRACTUAL ARRANGEMENT - The Skirt Club manager will be an independent consultant, not a paid member of staff so must hold adequate insurance and licenses.
PRIVACY - It is possible to work under a pseudonym of your choice. We will set the Event Manager up with an email address / Facebook account matching the chosen name
FEE - The Director is contracted to work 1 full-day a week for a monthly fee. In addition a flat rate of $200 for each Mini Skirt event and $400 for each signature party should you choose to run these events yourself.
KEEN TO APPLY? Please submit your CV and a short cover letter about why you think you would be a fantastic addition to our team to Genevieve LeJeune below.